A. Please read the following instructions before you begin the application process:
- Ensure your organization falls within The Chatlos Foundation Guidelines.
- Review the Information for Applicants to understand The Chatlos Foundation Funding process.
- Only organizations based in the United States, and recognized as a non-profit by the IRS, may submit a proposal.
- We do not require, request or desire to receive Letters of Intent or Inquiry.
US Mail Submittal
A complete funding request package will include the following and be SINGLE-SIDED:
- Cover Letter (which includes the specific request amount and project budget)
- Complete Proposal – not to exceed 5 pages. (DO NOT BIND, STAPLE or print as a DOUBLE-SIDED document.)
- One copy of your United States IRS tax exempt status letter
- Most recent organizational budget as approved by Board of Directors
- Complete Chatlos Foundation Application (click for application page)
Mail completed package to:
The Chatlos Foundation
P.O. Box 915048
Longwood, FL 32791-5048
For your convenience, we have established two (2) access options for Chatlos Online Portal users:
- FIRST TIME USERS – see Online Process Information shown below and CLICK HERE to access the portal
- RETURNING USERS – CLICK HERE to access the portal and your established account
FIRST TIME USERS – Online Process Information
- As a new Chatlos Online Portal user, click on the “New Applicant?” button to create an account that you will use to manage and submit your Chatlos funding request(s). Please keep track of your user name and password.
- The Eligibility Quiz ensures that applicants/organizations are within the established guidelines of The Chatlos Foundation. Completion of this quiz opens the funding application page.
- The ribbon underneath the header of the online application will guide you through each section of input. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*). Please see the “Helpful Tips” section for additional information.
- The Attachments section of the application guides you to upload supporting documents including your Proposal Cover Letter, Proposal Documentation (1-5 pages), Board Approved Organizational Budget, and United States IRS 501c3 Determination Letter. As noted in “Helpful Tips”, confirm that each document attachment is less than 25mb in size before initiating the upload process.