Program support remains a current priority for the Foundation.
- On an initial basis, the Foundation tends to fund requests for amounts less than $10,000.
- Only those non-profit organizations based in the United States and recognized as tax exempt by the IRS may apply for a grant.
Less emphasis is given to grant requests for:
• Bricks and Mortar
• Conference and administrative expenses
• Multi-year grants
We continue to be non-receptive to requests for:
• Medical research
• Support for individual church congregations
• Secondary schools
• Organizations in existence for less than a two-year period as indicated by the date of their tax exempt letter from the IRS.
• The Arts
The Foundation does not make scholarship grants directly to individuals but rather to educational institutions which in turn select recipients.
Contributions cannot be made to organizations which discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, creed, age, or national origin.
Grantees may receive only one grant per 12-month period. Organizations may resubmit six months after a denial. (Areas Of Giving)
It is important to note it is not our intention to become a part of an annual budget. We expect the projects we fund to become independent of The Chatlos Foundation.
Time will not permit us to meet personally with all organizations initially seeking funds, only those organizations that have received funding may visit our offices by appointment.
We expect all organizations, which receive funding to furnish the Foundation with reports and updates on the outcome and success or failure of the project.
Many organizations are worthy of funding, however, our funding is limited. Applicants should understand that rejection of the proposal in no way signals rejection of the proposer.
The large number of requests we receive causes us to decline many proposals which are worthy of attention and funding.
Exceptions are the Board’s Prerogative. Decisions of the Board of Trustees are Final.
Address all inquiries to:
The Chatlos Foundation
P.O. Box 915048
Longwood, FL 32791-5048